More From Jane Pauley
- "‘Good Morning America’ exploited Joan Lunden’s pregnancy, but you won’t see me bringing my babies on the air. The only reason I’m talking about the babies at all is that they’ve been with me on the show since I became pregnant. After a while, I had to acknowledge this pumpkin tummy."
- "I envy people with dreams and passions, but I don’t think that way. I still don’t have a ‘bliss’ to follow. For people like me – I suspect that’s most people – holding out for a ‘dream’ or a ‘passion’ is paralyzing. I just like having work I enjoy that feels meaningful. That’s hard enough… but it’s enough."
- "In the beginning when I sat next to Tom Brokaw on the ‘Today’ show, the stories I was interested in were those having to do with women and children and learning and health. In those days, 25 to 30 years ago, that was called soft news, and not in a nice way."
More In Experience
- "I got pregnant at 40 by surprise. It’s funny, because when we found out we were pregnant, I said, ‘Okay, let’s experience that.’ You just have to just go with it because it’s rare."― Julianna Margulies
- "For me, it is just the total experience – from the time I first started as an assistant coach until I wound up at the University of Texas for 20 years."― Darrell Royal
- "I loved making ‘The Hunger Games’ – it was the happiest experience of my professional life. Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise: they empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results."― Gary Ross