More From James Whitcomb Riley
- "When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck."
- "When you awaken some morning and hear that somebody or other has been discovered, you can put it down as a fact that he discovered himself years ago – since that time he has been toiling, working, and striving to make himself worthy of general discovery."
- "The anger of a person who is strong, can always bide its time."
More In God
- "Now I meet people with full-color Wolverine tattoos on their backs. Thank God I did okay, because I think if I hadn’t, they’d spit on me in the street."― Hugh Jackman
- "We steal if we touch tomorrow. It is God’s."― Henry Ward Beecher
- "It is not known precisely where angels dwell whether in the air, the void, or the planets. It has not been God’s pleasure that we should be informed of their abode."― Voltaire