More From James Truslow Adams
- "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behaves any of us to find fault with the rest of us."
- "Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, ‘This is the real me,’ and when you have found that attitude, follow it."
More In Attitude
- "When I was a child I asked my mother what homosexuality was about and she said – and this was 100 years ago in Germany and she was very open-minded – ‘It’s like hair color. It’s nothing. Some people are blond and some people have dark hair. It’s not a subject.’ This was a very healthy attitude."― Karl Lagerfeld
- "I really hate sitcoms on television with canned laughter and stuff. What really makes me laugh is the real-life stuff. I’ve got a dry sense of humor."― Katie Price
- "It pays to know the enemy – not least because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend."― Margaret Thatcher