More From James McGreevey
- "I kept a steel wall around my moral and sexual instincts – protecting them, I thought, from the threats of the real world. This gave me a tremendous advantage in politics, if not in my soul. The true me, my spiritual core, slipped further and further from reach."
- "No relief was forthcoming from my then-Catholic faith, which said the practice of homosexuality was a ‘mortal sin’ subject to damnation."
- "The history of America is to expand civil liberties in a responsible and civil manner. We need to remember that our wonderful Democracy with its freedoms has been working."
More In Faith
- "From faith, hope, and love, the virtues of religion referring to God, there arises a double act which bears on the spiritual communion exercised between God and us; the hearing of the word and prayer."― William Ames
- "Anyone who really studies Catholicism deeply is aware of the mystical nature of our faith. Even references to Christ’s mystical body has connections to that principle."― Dennis Kucinich
- "God always takes the simplest way."― Albert Einstein