More From James Madison
- "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- "Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power."
- "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
More In Education
- "I think it’s my adventure, my trip, my journey, and I guess my attitude is, let the chips fall where they may."― Leonard Nimoy
- "Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it."― Stephen Vizinczey
- "This is at the heart of all good education, where the teacher asks students to think and engages them in encouraging dialogues, constantly checking for understanding and growth."― William Glasser