More From James Madison
- "A sincere and steadfast co-operation in promoting such a reconstruction of our political system as would provide for the permanent liberty and happiness of the United States."
- "What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."
- "War should only be declared by the authority of the people, whose toils and treasures are to support its burdens, instead of the government which is to reap its fruits."
More In Education
- "Sleeping together is a euphemism for people, but tantamount to marriage with cats."― Marge Piercy
- "Men become accustomed to poison by degrees."― Victor Hugo
- "By climbing a steeper road, the value and appreciation Delaware State students took and continue to take from their education and their experiences is just as great, if not greater, than students attending ivy league schools."― Michael N. Castle