More From James Madison
- "The capacity of the female mind for studies of the highest order cannot be doubted, having been sufficiently illustrated by its works of genius, of erudition, and of science."
- "A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country."
- "Every nation whose affairs betray a want of wisdom and stability may calculate on every loss which can be sustained from the more systematic policy of its wiser neighbors."
More In Government
- "I feel lucky because I was a nerd, which I talk about in the book, but I had academic success, so through that, because that’s what my parents put a great deal of value on, I had a great childhood because I sort of fulfilled the expectations of being good at school."― Mindy Kaling
- "Our government declared that it is conducting some kind of great reforms. In reality, no real reforms were begun and no one at any point has declared a coherent programme."― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- "How can you look at the Texas legislature and still believe in intelligent design?"― Kinky Friedman