More From James Madison
- "A pure democracy is a society consisting of a small number of citizens, who assemble and administer the government in person."
- "Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages."
- "Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power."
More In Government
- "I’ve got a new invention. It’s a revolving bowl for tired goldfish."― Lefty Gomez
- "No government can help the destinies of people who insist in putting sectional and class consciousness ahead of general weal."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "It is unclear exactly how many law enforcement agencies are currently using this capability, but it is reasonable to say that while resource limitations used to discourage the government from tracking you without a good reason, these constraints have largely disappeared."― Ron Wyden