More From James Madison
- "If men were angels, no government would be necessary."
- "The class of citizens who provide at once their own food and their own raiment, may be viewed as the most truly independent and happy."
- "Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages."
More In Wisdom
- "Contemplation and wisdom are highest achievements and man is not totally at home with them."― Gabriel Marcel
- "Writing is no dying art form in America because most published writers here accept the wisdom and the necessity of encouraging the talent that follows in their footsteps."― Elizabeth George
- "They are few in the midst of an overwhelming mass of brute force, and their submission is wisdom; but for a nation like England to submit to be robbed by any invader who chooses to visit her shores seemed to me to be nonsense."― George Combe