More From James Hillman
- "The older people that one admires seem to be fearless. They go right out into the world. It’s astounding. Maybe they can’t see or they can’t hear, but they walk out into the street and take life as it comes. They’re models of courage, in a strange way."
- "Whether we like it or not, men have more of the offices, more of the higher jobs, more of the seats in Congress. Men need to re-examine what their power is. We need to understand how to use it."
- "I don’t think anything changes until ideas change. The usual American viewpoint is to believe that something is wrong with the person."
More In Society
- "It’s an indication of how cynical our society has become that any kind of love story with a sad theme is automatically ridiculed as sentimental junk."― Winona Ryder
- "People who own property feel a sense of ownership in their future and their society. They study, save, work, strive and vote. And people trapped in a culture of tenancy do not."― Henry Louis Gates
- "My father always taught me to appreciate what you’re fortunate to have and give back to those who need it. No part of our society is more important than the children, especially the ones who need our help."― Dan Marino