More From James Hillman
- "Just stop for a minute and you’ll realize you’re happy just being. I think it’s the pursuit that screws up happiness. If we drop the pursuit, it’s right here."
- "The culture is going into a psychological depression. We are concerned about our place in the world, about being competitive: Will my children have as much as I have? Will I ever own my own home? How can I pay for a new car? Are immigrants taking away my white world?"
- "We approach people the same way we approach our cars. We take the poor kid to a doctor and ask, What’s wrong with him, how much will it cost, and when can I pick him up?"
More In Change
- "Never Have Your Dog Stuffed is really advice to myself, a reminder to myself not to avoid change or uncertainty, but to go with it, to surf into change."― Alan Alda
- "It’s a pity that the tennis is really going down the drain. Every year it’s getting worse and worse and worse. There has to be a radical change, and I hope it will be really soon."― Marat Safin
- "What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."― Plutarch