More From James Hillman
- "The older people that one admires seem to be fearless. They go right out into the world. It’s astounding. Maybe they can’t see or they can’t hear, but they walk out into the street and take life as it comes. They’re models of courage, in a strange way."
- "We can’t change anything until we get some fresh ideas, until we begin to see things differently."
- "Everything that everyone is afraid of has already happened: The fragility of capitalism, which we don’t want to admit; the loss of the empire of the United States; and American exceptionalism. In fact, American exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally backward in about fifteen different categories, from education to infrastructure."
More In Happiness
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."― Dale Carnegie
- "It’s good to follow the path of personal happiness to some extent. People tend to get upset however when you drive a steamroller down it."― Simon Travaglia
- "To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness."― Bertrand Russell