More From James Buchan
- "If good history is dispassionate history, it must naturally wait until the passions of the period subside."
- "Any new financial order for the world must tackle the three chief challenges of our age."
- "One of the consequences of the Iranian revolution has been an explosion of history. A country once known only from British consular reports and intrepid travelogues is now awash with historical documents, letters, diaries, grainy video, weblogs and secret police files of questionable authenticity."
More In Power
- "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."― Edgar Allan Poe
- "Every one, more or less, loves Power, yet those who most wish for it are seldom the fittest to be trusted with it."― Samuel Richardson
- "After marriage, the other man’s wife looks more beautiful."― Navjot Singh Sidhu