More From Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- "My passion for giving is no different than yours. I give because it’s in my heart to give. I give because I was taught to give at a very early age. This is how I developed my passion for giving."
- "Growing up in the time of Title IX – it was passed when I was 10 – I got a front-row seat to so many great moments in women’s sports. Of course I didn’t know it at the time."
- "We live in a world where sports have the potential to bridge the gap between racism, sexism and discrimination. The 2012 Olympic Games was a great start but hopefully what these games taught us is that if women are given an opportunity on an equal playing field the possibilities for women are endless."
More In Attitude
- "I really believe you can predict when someone has a great attitude, a real well of talent."― Taylor Hackford
- "Time plays a role in almost every decision. And some decisions define your attitude about time."― John Cale
- "There’s always the motivation of wanting to win. Everybody has that. But a champion needs, in his attitude, a motivation above and beyond winning."― Pat Riley