More From Jack White
- "I have so much music inside me I’m just trying to stay afloat. I don’t tend to write for a particular band – you have to just write the songs and then let God into the room and let the music tell you what to do."
- "A lot of people in the media, and some everyday people, really aren’t in search of the truth. They’re in search of something worse than that. Money, yeah. I think the media’s the kind of a thing where the truth doesn’t win, because it’s no fun. The truth’s no fun."
- "I dabbled in things like Howlin’ Wolf, Cream and Led Zeppelin, but when I heard Son House and Robert Johnson, it blew my mind. It was something I’d been missing my whole life. That music made me discard everything else and just get down to the soul and honesty of the blues."
More In Morning
- "Hitchhiking was such a pure form of existence. You’d wake up in the morning, and you’d have no idea what your day was going to be. And that’s something I’ve never been able to shake. I loved that."― John Hawkes
- "Saw a wedding in the church. It was strange to see what delight we married people have to see these poor fools decoyed into our condition."― Samuel Pepys
- "Tomorrow morning before we depart, I intend to land and see what can be found in the neighborhood."― Christopher Columbus