More From Jack Welch
- "The productivity now at universities is terrible. Tenure is a terrible idea. It keeps them around forever and they don’t have to work hard."
- "Change before you have to."
- "A strategy is something like, an innovative new product; globalization, taking your products around the world; be the low-cost producer. A strategy is something you can touch; you can motivate people with; be number one and number two in every business. You can energize people around the message."
More In Business
- "When I decided to get married at 40, I couldn’t find a dress with the modernity or sophistication I wanted. That’s when I saw the opportunity for a wedding gown business."― Vera Wang
- "The Internet has changed the way we communicate with each other, the way we learn about the world and the way we conduct business."― Ron Wyden
- "Time is the scarcest resource and unless it is managed nothing else can be managed."― Peter Drucker