More From Jack Henry Abbott
- "Imagine a thousand more such daily intrusions in your life, every hour and minute of every day, and you can grasp the source of this paranoia, this anger that could consume me at any moment if I lost control."
- "One morning I woke up and was plunged into psychological shock. I had forgotten I was free."
More In Respect
- "The greatest sign of success for a teacher… is to be able to say, ‘The children are now working as if I did not exist.’"― Maria Montessori
- "I hate to say it, but the truth is that the upscale line is where I get respect as a designer. The higher the price range, the higher the respect level from the industry, even though it’s much easier to make a great $500 dress than a great $100 dress."― Betsey Johnson
- "To get down to the quick of it, respect motivates me – not success."― Hugh Jackman