More From Ivan Illich
- "Leadership does not depend on being right."
- "Modern medicine is a negation of health. It isn’t organized to serve human health, but only itself, as an institution. It makes more people sick than it heals."
- "Effective health care depends on self-care; this fact is currently heralded as if it were a discovery."
More In Death
- "My mother was the first woman in the county in Indiana where we were born, in Jay County, to have a college degree. She was educated as a pianist and she wanted to concertize, but when the war came she was married, had a family, so she started teaching."― Twyla Tharp
- "Death is an absolute marvel."― William Shatner
- "I feel monotony and death to be almost the same."― Charlotte Bronte