More From Irving Babbitt
- "Inasmuch as society cannot go on without discipline of some kind, men were constrained, in the absence of any other form of discipline, to turn to discipline of the military type."
- "For behind all imperialism is ultimately the imperialistic individual, just as behind all peace is ultimately the peaceful individual."
- "The democratic idealist is prone to make light of the whole question of standards and leadership because of his unbounded faith in the plain people."
More In Sympathy
- "There are many types of preventive health care services that are covered, things like blood pressure medication, for example. And women are merely asking that their health be taken just as seriously."― Sandra Fluke
- "When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions."― William Shakespeare
- "Recognition of belligerency as an expression of sympathy is all very well."― Henry Cabot Lodge