More From Irving Babbitt
- "We must not, however, be like the leaders of the great romantic revolt who, in their eagerness to get rid of the husk of convention, disregarded also the humane aspiration."
- "The democratic idealist is prone to make light of the whole question of standards and leadership because of his unbounded faith in the plain people."
- "Tell him, on the contrary, that he needs, in the interest of his own happiness, to walk in the path of humility and self-control, and he will be indifferent, or even actively resentful."
More In Happiness
- "Life everlasting in a state of happiness is the greatest desire of all men."― Joseph Franklin Rutherford
- "I love acting. It’s my playground, it let’s me explore. But my happiness in this world – my level of peace – is never going to be dictated by acting."― Chris Evans
- "Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own… Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy."― Robert A. Heinlein