More From Iris Murdoch
- "In almost every marriage there is a selfish and an unselfish partner. A pattern is set up and soon becomes inflexible, of one person always making the demands and one person always giving way."
- "Every man needs two women: a quiet home-maker, and a thrilling nymph."
- "There is no substitute for the comfort supplied by the utterly taken-for-granted relationship."
More In Equality
- "Political Freedom without economic equality is a pretense, a fraud, a lie; and the workers want no lying."― Mikhail Bakunin
- "But Australia faces additional regional and global challenges also crucial to our nation’s future – climate change, questions of energy and food security, the rise of China and the rise of India. And we need a strong system of global and regional relationships and institutions to underpin stability."― Kevin Rudd
- "I should like to suggest to you that the cause of all the economic troubles is that we have an economic system which tries to maintain an equality of value between two things, which it would be better to recognise from the beginning as of unequal value."― Paul Dirac