More From Ian Mcewan
- "My parents were keen for me to have the education they themselves never had. They weren’t able to guide me towards particular books, but they encouraged me to read, which I did, randomly and compulsively."
- "True intelligence requires fabulous imagination."
- "I don’t believe there’s any inherent darkness at the center of religion at all. I think religion actually is a morally neutral force."
More In Attitude
- "Good humor is one of the best articles of dress one can wear in society."― William Makepeace Thackeray
- "My grandfather was a man, when he talked about freedom, his attitude was really interesting. His view was that you had obligations or you had responsibilities, and when you fulfilled those obligations or responsibilities, that then gave you the liberty to do other things."― Clarence Thomas
- "I care about the connection with the audience. Film is such a powerful medium. Movies can change the way people think."― Nicolas Cage