More From Ian Mcewan
- "A twenty-one-year-old writer is likely to be inhibited by a lack of usable experience. Childhood and adolescence were something I knew."
- "London in the ’70s was a pretty catastrophic dump, I can tell you. We had every kind of industrial trouble; we had severe energy problems; we were under constant terrorist attack from Irish terrorist groups who started a bombing campaign in English cities; politics were fantastically polarized between left and right."
- "Politics is the enemy of the imagination."
More In Experience
- "I was so emotional. Choked up. I could hardly talk all day. I’ll be cleaning out my trailer and saying goodbye soon, realizing what a wonderful experience this has been."― Dennis Franz
- "I don’t care how smart a kid you are. The only way you learn what’s not right is from experience."― Cameron Diaz
- "People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."― Eleanor Roosevelt