More From Iain Duncan Smith
- "By measuring the proportion of children living with the same parents from birth and whether their parents report a good quality relationship we are driving home the message that social programmes should promote family stability and avert breakdown."
- "It’s fairness to say those who work hard, get up in the morning, cut their cloth – in other words ‘we can only afford to have one or two children because we don’t earn enough’. They pay their taxes and they want to know that the same kind of decision-making is taking place for those on benefits."
- "We do a disservice to society if we ignore the evidence which shows that stable families tend to be associated with better outcomes for children."
More In Money
- "Money is the worst currency that ever grew among mankind. This sacks cities, this drives men from their homes, this teaches and corrupts the worthiest minds to turn base deeds."― Sophocles
- "Neither money nor position can atone to me for low birth."― Anthony Trollope
- "I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it."― Margaret Atwood