More From Huston Smith
- "The faith I was born into formed me."
- "First of all, my persuasion is what really breeds violence is political differences. But because religion serves as the soul of community, it gets drawn into the fracas and turns up the heat."
- "Poetry is a special use of language that opens onto the real. The business of the poet is truth telling, which is why in the Celtic tradition no one could be a teacher unless he or she was a poet."
More In Science
- "Nothing in the universe can travel at the speed of light, they say, forgetful of the shadow’s speed."― Howard Nemerov
- "I really like being pregnant. Not that there aren’t things I don’t love, but when I think about what my body is doing – creating a child – it just blows my mind. I’m in awe of the process and science."― Emily Deschanel
- "The relevance of Marxism to science is that it removes it from its imagined position of complete detachment and shows it as a part, but a critically important part, of economy and social development."― John Desmond Bernal