More From Huston Smith
- "Human intelligence is a reflection of the intelligence that produces everything. In knowing, we are simply extending the intelligence that comes to and constitutes us. We mimic the mind of God, so to speak. Or better, we continue and extend it."
- "Poetry is a special use of language that opens onto the real. The business of the poet is truth telling, which is why in the Celtic tradition no one could be a teacher unless he or she was a poet."
- "Every society and religion has rules, for both have moral laws. And the essence of morality consists, as in art, of drawing the line somewhere."
More In Science
- "Art is I; science is we."― Claude Bernard
- "I’ve worked so hard to eliminate the inner geek from my life. I suddenly realize I have no patience for those people who still have their geeks showing. Now I see why being ‘normal’ has been so important to me."― Kenny Loggins
- "I don’t recall any interest in science in particular. It came later in college."― Ellen Ochoa