More From Hugh Mackay
- "Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational."
- "One reason we resist making deliberate choices is that choice equals change and most of us, feeling the world is unpredictable enough, try to minimise the trauma of change in our personal lives."
- "The question is, will we continue to fight what may be a rearguard action to defend universal literacy as a central goal of our education system, or are we bold enough to see what’s actually happening to our culture?"
More In Sympathy
- "It is in our faults and failings, not in our virtues, that we touch each other, and find sympathy. It is in our follies that we are one."― Jerome K. Jerome
- "IT is mere coincidence that Cooper was born in the year which produced The Power of Sympathy and that when he died Uncle Tom’s Cabin was passing through its serial stage, and yet the limits of his life mark almost exactly the first great period of American fiction."― Carl Clinton Van Doren
- "Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself."― Saint Francis de Sales