More From Hugh Laurie
- "Some people are drawn naturally – there are natural guitarists, and there are natural piano players, and I think guitar implies travel, a sort of footloose gypsy existence. You grab your bag and you go to the next town."
- "I admit I can’t shake the idea that there is virtue in suffering, that there is a sort of psychic economy, whereby if you embrace success, happiness and comfort, these things have to be paid for."
- "My dad gave me my first bike at 16. I soon fell off and was in a wheelchair for weeks. I haven’t fallen since."
More In Happiness
- "Happiness is a byproduct of function, purpose, and conflict; those who seek happiness for itself seek victory without war."― William S. Burroughs
- "I will never forget my beautiful days with you in Shanklin, they are certainly the most pleasant ones of my life. Look, I have tears in my eyes just to think about it. I am furious to be here, it is the end of happiness for a whole year."― Camille Claudel
- "There’s a higher form of happiness in commitment. I’m counting on it."― Claire Forlani