More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "We are in danger of making our cities places where business goes on but where life, in its real sense, is lost."
- "A politician never forgets the precarious nature of elective life. We have never established a practice of tenure in public office."
- "Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate."
More In Courage
- "And I think most people in this country want to see a president that’s got the courage to say we’re going to cut the tax burden, and reduce the regulatory climate, and we’re going to get Americans working."― Rick Perry
- "Therefore, don’t let sinners take courage to think they will be favoured like the thief on the cross; for we see on the other side, they may be like the hardened one, and reproach death itself."― Elias Hicks
- "Peace is a fragile thing. It takes courage to secure it. It takes wisdom to maintain it."― Jenny Shipley