More From Hubert H. Humphrey
- "To err is human. To blame someone else is politics."
- "Anyone who thinks that the vice-president can take a position independent of the president of his administration simply has no knowledge of politics or government. You are his choice in a political marriage, and he expects your absolute loyalty."
- "If there is dissatisfaction with the status quo, good. If there is ferment, so much the better. If there is restlessness, I am pleased. Then let there be ideas, and hard thought, and hard work. If man feels small, let man make himself bigger."
More In Freedom
- "We can not continue to allow this over reliance on government to replace the cornerstone institution that has made the American experience possible."― Marco Rubio
- "Spirit borrows from matter the perceptions on which it feeds and restores them to matter in the form of movements which it has stamped with its own freedom."― Henri Bergson
- "More than anything else, let me be clear – we need to be willing to fight for freedom, and free markets, and traditional moral values. That’s what the American people want to see this movement and this party return to."― Mike Pence