More From Horace Mann
- "Generosity during life is a very different thing from generosity in the hour of death; one proceeds from genuine liberality and benevolence, the other from pride or fear."
- "Education then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of men, the balance-wheel of the social machinery."
- "A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated."
More In Teacher
- "He was very commanding, and you had to know what you were doing to work for Mr. Rogers. I learned how to ride very quickly with him as my riding teacher."― Glenn Ford
- "I think of marriage as a garden. You have to tend to it. Respect it, take care of it, feed it. Make sure everyone is getting the right amount of, um, sunlight."― Mark Ruffalo
- "No, I’m happy to go on living the life I’ve chosen. I’m a university teacher and I like my job."― Antonio Tabucchi