More From Horace Mann
- "Education then, beyond all other devices of human origin, is the great equalizer of the conditions of men, the balance-wheel of the social machinery."
- "Education alone can conduct us to that enjoyment which is, at once, best in quality and infinite in quantity."
- "Education is our only political safety. Outside of this ark all is deluge."
More In Death
- "Families survive, one way or another. You have a tie, a connection that exists long after death, through many lifetimes."― Jessica Lange
- "In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism."― Hannah Arendt
- "Fear of death has never played a large part in my consciousness – perhaps unimaginative of me."― A. N. Wilson