More From Honore de Balzac
- "A good husband is never the first to go to sleep at night or the last to awake in the morning."
- "It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to time."
- "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
More In Happiness
- "The older I get, the more I see that there really aren’t huge zeniths of happiness or a huge abyss of darkness as much as there used to be. I tend to walk a middle ground."― Paula Cole
- "My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunites."― Diana Ross
- "Wisdom is a sacred communion."― Victor Hugo