More From Honore de Balzac
- "It is as absurd to say that a man can’t love one woman all the time as it is to say that a violinist needs several violins to play the same piece of music."
- "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
- "Suicide, moreover, was at the time in vogue in Paris: what more suitable key to the mystery of life for a skeptical society?"
More In Peace
- "To be misunderstood can be the writer’s punishment for having disturbed the reader’s peace. The greater the disturbance, the greater the possibility of misunderstanding."― Anatole Broyard
- "I mean, what is music anyway? It’s a form of communication – at least for me it is. And that’s why I play the kind of music that I think – that I hope – can communicate with people."― Kenny G
- "The White House has a choice: They can change course, or they can double down on a vision of government that the American people have roundly rejected."― Mitch McConnell