More From Honore de Balzac
- "First love is a kind of vaccination which saves a man from catching the complaint the second time."
- "Society bristles with enigmas which look hard to solve. It is a perfect maze of intrigue."
- "A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories."
More In Love
- "Love has its place, as does hate. Peace has its place, as does war. Mercy has its place, as do cruelty and revenge."― Meir Kahane
- "Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place."― Zora Neale Hurston
- "I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate."― George Burns