More From Honore de Balzac
- "A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea."
- "The life of a man who deliberately runs through his fortune often becomes a business speculation; his friends, his pleasures, patrons, and acquaintances are his capital."
- "A young bride is like a plucked flower; but a guilty wife is like a flower that had been walked over."
More In God
- "We are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of Nature has placed in our power… the battle, sir, is not to the strong alone it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."― Patrick Henry
- "Let us raise a standard to which the wise and honest can repair; the rest is in the hands of God."― George Washington
- "By our Heavenly Father and only because of God, only because of God. We’re like other couples. We do not get along perfectly; we do not go without arguments and, as I call them, fights, and heartache and pain and hurting each other. But a marriage is three of us."― Barbara Mandrell