More From Hilary Duff
- "My relationship with my mom is so amazing. We never got to have that stage that people go through, like when you’re 13 and you think you’re too cool for your parents. When you’re embarrassed by them and stuff. We never went through that because I was constantly working and she constantly had to be there."
- "I pop gum. My parents get so annoyed with me. I know my dad wishes he never taught me how to do that."
- "I have an older sister named Haley and she wanted to be an actress. So I wanted to be an actress. It’s really funny the way that some people don’t give kids enough credit for like really being driven, and really wanting to do things so badly."
More In Mom
- "I just get so fed up with seeing the same things written about me. If I see the words ‘ice queen’ attached to me, I feel like banging my head against the wall. There’s this perception that I can only be in a film if I have a glass of champagne in my hand and a stately home in the background."― Kristin Scott Thomas
- "I spend my afternoons painting and working on my Open Hearts jewelry line for Kay Jewelers. I designed an image of a heart that isn’t completely closed. My mom always told me to live with an open heart – when life gets tough, you should go out and help someone else."― Jane Seymour
- "This is the most intimate relationship between literature and its readers: they treat the text as a part of themselves, as a possession."― Ryszard Kapuscinski