More From Herodotus
- "I never yet feared those men who set a place apart in the middle of their cities where they gather to cheat one another and swear oaths which they break."
- "Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
- "The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing."
More In Best
- "That is what we are supposed to do when we are at our best – make it all up – but make it up so truly that later it will happen that way."― Ernest Hemingway
- "I don’t know the first real thing about the dating game. I don’t know how to talk to a specific person and connect. I just think you have to go to person by person and do the best you can with people in general."― Jason Schwartzman
- "My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan."― Eric Cantona