More From Herbert Read
- "These groups within a society can he distinguished according as to whether, like an army or an orchestra, they function as a single body; or whether they are united merely to defend their common interests and otherwise function as separate individuals."
- "The slave may be happy, but happiness is not enough."
- "It is already clear, after twenty years of socialism in Russia, that if you do not provide your society with a new religion, it will gradually revert to the old one."
More In Religion
- "Religion is doing; a man does not merely think his religion or feel it, he lives his religion as much as he is able, otherwise it is not religion but fantasy or philosophy."― George Gurdjieff
- "The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."― Murray Walker
- "The point here is that physics followed the data where it seemed to lead, even though some thought the model gave aid and comfort to religion."― Michael Behe