More From Herbert Hoover
- "It is a paradox that every dictator has climbed to power on the ladder of free speech. Immediately on attaining power each dictator has suppressed all free speech except his own."
- "Honor is not the exclusive property of any political party."
- "No greater nor more affectionate honor can be conferred on an American than to have a public school named after him."
More In War
- "The more the history of the World War and what led up to it is studied, the more clearly those tragic years become revealed as a vast collapse of civilization."― Arthur Henderson
- "Hurtling the Pentagon into an unprecedented budgetary meltdown is horrifically irresponsible. Obama doesn’t care. This is war – not against the Taliban, but war against the GOP. He has Republicans on the ropes, and that’s a victory he savors and desires – unlike Afghanistan, where he seems only to want to turn tail."― John Podhoretz
- "More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginning of all wars – yes, an end to this brutal, inhuman and thoroughly impractical method of settling the differences between governments."― Franklin D. Roosevelt