More From Henry Ward Beecher
- "The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom."
- "The advertisements in a newspaper are more full knowledge in respect to what is going on in a state or community than the editorial columns are."
- "Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own."
More In History
- "There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made."― Michelle Obama
- "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."― Woodrow Wilson
- "Music can be healing, and with my history and my knowledge of both sides of what looks like a gigantic divide in the world, I feel I can point a way forward to our common humanity again."― Cat Stevens