More From Henry Ward Beecher
- "The advertisements in a newspaper are more full knowledge in respect to what is going on in a state or community than the editorial columns are."
- "Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable."
- "We sleep, but the loom of life never stops, and the pattern which was weaving when the sun went down is weaving when it comes up in the morning."
More In Mom
- "My mom is in her mid-60s and has more energy and is more youthful than any human being I know. It’s pretty incredible."― Oliver Hudson
- "Mom spent the time that she was supposed to be a kid actully raising children, her younger brother and younger sister. She was tough as nails and did not suffer fools at all. And the truth was she could not afford to. She spoke the truth, bluntly, directly, and without much varnish. I am her son."― Chris Christie
- "My parents are wonderful, and I’m really lucky – but my mom has always been almost exclusively a right-brained person. She goes completely on her feelings of things, on her intuition, and so she instilled that in my brothers and I."― Brandon Boyd