More From Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "For age is opportunity no less Than youth itself, though in another dress, And as the evening twilight fades away The sky is filled with stars, invisible by day."
- "Man is always more than he can know of himself; consequently, his accomplishments, time and again, will come as a surprise to him."
- "Thought takes man out of servitude, into freedom."
More In Nature
- "Custom is our nature. What are our natural principles but principles of custom?"― Blaise Pascal
- "The flower is the poetry of reproduction. It is an example of the eternal seductiveness of life."― Jean Giraudoux
- "One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe