More From Henry Van Dyke
- "To desire and strive to be of some service to the world, to aim at doing something which shall really increase the happiness and welfare and virtue of mankind – this is a choice which is possible for all of us; and surely it is a good haven to sail for."
- "Happiness is inward, and not outward; and so, it does not depend on what we have, but on what we are."
- "Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars."
More In Best
- "Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make."― Donald Trump
- "Those who have the most wealth and the most property, their children have the first, the best, and the most."― Jesse Jackson
- "I find that the best way to do things is to constantly move forward and to never doubt anything and keep moving forward, if you make a mistake say you made a mistake."― John Frusciante