More From Henry Miller
- "In the attempt to defeat death man has been inevitably obliged to defeat life, for the two are inextricably related. Life moves on to death, and to deny one is to deny the other."
- "If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having."
- "True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself."
More In Leadership
- "Eventually, I believe, current attempts to understand the mind by analogy with man-made computers that can perform superbly some of the same external tasks as conscious beings will be recognized as a gigantic waste of time."― Thomas Nagel
- "Leaders must encourage their organizations to dance to forms of music yet to be heard."― Warren G. Bennis
- "The secret to understanding me is, I’m not trying to be anybody other than who I actually am. People want candid, refreshing leadership. And I’ve always tried to go with solutions. You know, I’ve always tried to say, here’s how we get our economy growing, here’s why we get our debt under control. That’s what Mitt Romney is offering."― Paul Ryan