More From Henri Poincare
- "It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover."
- "The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful."
- "One would have to have completely forgotten the history of science so as to not remember that the desire to know nature has had the most constant and the happiest influence on the development of mathematics."
More In Science
- "But the imposition of morality onto science, – where it does not belong – has become rampant in recent years."― Bill Condon
- "Science rests on reason and experiment, and can meet an opponent with calmness; but a belief is always sensitive."― James Anthony Froude
- "I don’t think the scientific method and the science fictional method are really analogous. The thing about them is that neither is really practiced very much, at least not consciously. But the fact that they are methodical does relate them."― Frederik Pohl