More From Helen Rowland
- "Ever since Eve started it all by offering Adam the apple, woman’s punishment has been to supply a man with food then suffer the consequences when it disagrees with him."
- "A husband is what is left of a lover, after the nerve has been extracted."
- "Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense."
More In Time
- "If there’s one thing I’m not going to apologise for as the leader of the Liberal Democrats in government after 60 or 70 years of being out of government, it’s that you just cannot avoid but deal with the world the way it is."― Nick Clegg
- "Where does discontent start? You are warm enough, but you shiver. You are fed, yet hunger gnaws you. You have been loved, but your yearning wanders in new fields. And to prod all these there’s time, the Bastard Time."― John Steinbeck
- "The present is a point just passed."― David Russell