More From Hedy Lamarr
- "I think women are concerned too much with their clothes. Men don’t really care that much about women’s clothes. If they like a girl, chances are they’ll like her clothes."
- "Perhaps my problem in marriage-and it is the problem of many women-was to want both intimacy and independence. It is a difficult line to walk, yet both needs are important to a marriage."
- "It is easier for women to succeed in business, the arts, and politics in America than in Europe."
More In Money
- "Viewed from a distance, or through the eye of the All-Knowing CEO of the Universe, the crash of 2008 followed the usual pattern. A long-lived boom driven by cheap credit, going back as far as 1982 (though subject to interruptions in the mid-1980s and 1990s, and in 2001), came to grief because of a rise in the cost of borrowing money."― James Buchan
- "No complaint… is more common than that of a scarcity of money."― Adam Smith
- "Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving."― Henry Ford