More From Haruki Murakami
- "I didn’t want to be a writer, but I became one. And now I have many readers, in many countries. I think that’s a miracle. So I think I have to be humble regarding this ability. I’m proud of it and I enjoy it, and it is strange to say it this way, but I respect it."
- "As a novelist, you could say that I am dreaming while I am awake, and every day I can continue with yesterday’s dream. Because it is a dream, there are so many contradictions and I have to adjust them to make the story work. But, in principle, the original dream does not change."
- "I like to read books. I like to listen to music."
More In Morning
- "I love crispy, cool sheets."― Ryan Murphy
- "On tour, I’ll get up at 5 p.m. and go to bed at 8 in the morning. With fishing, it’s the exact opposite. Fishing is the only healthy thing I do. Touring is such a grind; it’s the opposite of healthy."― Dean Ween
- "‘Tis always morning somewhere in the world."― Richard Henry Horne