More From Harrison Birtwistle
- "My attitude to writing is like when you do wallpapering, you remember where all the little bits are that don’t meet. And then your friends say: It’s terrific!"
- "I’m not a music lover in the sense that I look for something to have on. I’ve never had that attitude to music."
- "When I was confronted with official tuition, the academic thing, I could see no relationship whatever between that and the music I’d been writing since I was 11."
More In Attitude
- "The last of human freedoms – the ability to chose one’s attitude in a given set of circumstances."― Viktor E. Frankl
- "Patton was living in the Dark Ages. Soldiers were peasants to him. I didn’t like that attitude."― Bill Mauldin
- "I separated from the Southern Baptists when they adopted the discriminatory attitude towards women, because I believe what Paul taught in Galatians that there is no distinction in God’s eyes between men and women, slaves and masters, Jews and non-Jews – everybody is created equally in the eyes of God."― Jimmy Carter