More From Harrison Birtwistle
- "My attitude to writing is like when you do wallpapering, you remember where all the little bits are that don’t meet. And then your friends say: It’s terrific!"
- "The theatre only knows what it’s doing next week, not like the opera, where they say: What are we going to do in five years’ time? A completely different attitude."
- "When I was confronted with official tuition, the academic thing, I could see no relationship whatever between that and the music I’d been writing since I was 11."
More In Attitude
- "Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."― Khalil Gibran
- "You may not be able to change a situation, but with humor you can change your attitude about it."― Allen Klein
- "The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind."― James Truslow Adams