More From Hannah Arendt
- "Revolutionaries do not make revolutions. The revolutionaries are those who know when power is lying in the street and then they can pick it up."
- "This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
- "Economic growth may one day turn out to be a curse rather than a good, and under no conditions can it either lead into freedom or constitute a proof for its existence."
More In Death
- "Time rushes towards us with its hospital tray of infinitely varied narcotics, even while it is preparing us for its inevitably fatal operation."― Tennessee Williams
- "The campaign against the death penalty has been – while a powerful campaign, its participants have been those who attend all of the vigils, a relatively small number of people."― Angela Davis
- "Millions long for immortality who don’t know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon."― Susan Ertz